Thursday, August 30, 2012

Running Update - I'm still alive!

I am sorry I haven't posted anything new in awhile.  We have just been so busy these past few weeks.  I thought it would be good to give you an update on my running progress.  Dan and I have just crossed over the halfway point on our couch to 5K running plan.  We had a big obstacle to get past earlier this week.  We had back-to-back days of 11 minute runs and I was nervous about it.  I know, it's just 11 minutes but I am not a runner.  I'll walk fast any day, but running is another story.  I'm happy to report that we did it and I even showed improvement on the second day.  Yeah!!! Today was a 13 minute run, and I really felt good throughout the entire run.  The hill we run up didn't get me like it has so I was pumped when I got back to the house. 

Happy dance time!!! 

The next few weeks will be challenging.  I have a short work trip and Dan has a guys trip that will throw a kink into our running schedule.  I'm not worried about him though.  He'll be fine.  I think he may be a robot in disguise.  We had run our 1st 11 minute run Monday morning and then he played volleyball Monday night.  He was really sore when he got up to run Tuesday morning.  I totally thought I'd easily stay up with him and that he'd be hurtin' by the end of the run.  Was he?  No!  Of course NOT!!!  As our timer went off to signal the end of our running time, Dan said to me "Wait for me outside" and then proceeded to run around the block again at a faster pace.  REALLY?  Is he for real?  I'm sucking in air and he'll run some more.  Geez!!!

So much for hurting after the run.

Oh well.  Our first race is September 23rd in Dallas and I'm excited.  I had to estimate my finish time for the registration site.  I entered 45 minutes.  I'm more about just finishing the darn thing at this point rather than completing it in a certain amount of time.  Baby steps people.  :-)

I'll post pics and info once the race is completed.  Oh and for those of you wondering who was with Madison if we were running together, Mom is in town.  She was on Madison duty for us.  No worries there.

-LeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment