as Madison's birthday approached, I found myself thinking about the milestones she has reached and the ones ahead. As parents, we track those first year milestones and celebrate them with the whole family. After that first year, new milestones are being reached but just not as celebrated.
For instance, jumping is a big deal but not always celebrated. Kids don't just start jumping. They have to learn how and it takes practice. It's a big deal to master that skill. Madison learned to jump right on pace with the other kiddos at daycare. In fact, this kid hasn't stopped jumping since! You may think I'm joking but I'm not. Just watch her waiting for her turn at gymnastics. She'll just bounce in place with a big smile while she waits. It's no wonder she doesn't weigh a lot, she doesn't stop moving.
 |
| Dan and Madison at the pool last summer. She's jumping! Imagine that. |
As she gets older there will be more milestones to celebrate and some that will just occur without notice. I know I'm looking forward to each one. It's reassurance that I'm doing my job as a parent because my child is developing like a little kid should. It is also lots of fun because some of them mean that I get to do more activities and experience more with Madison. I remember Mom telling me that she has always enjoyed spending time with me but as I got older (teen years) she really had a lot more fun because we could do more and relate to each other more. I knew what she meant then, but now I really 'get it.'
-LeAnn
No comments:
Post a Comment