| My new running shoes! |
Now to the whole 'work out more' part. We have been riding our bikes more, and I have been trying to work out once I get off work. However I didn't want to burn out, and I wanted to see better, faster results. My solution....running.
I may have lost my mind!
I have never enjoyed running. I remember having to run at the end of cheerleading two-a-day practices and hating it. We trained more than the darn baseball team. I know this because the guys would drive by as they left practice. They were usually laughing at us. Gotta love high school boys. Anyway, all I would think as I ran was "How much more do I have to do this?" I hope you are sensing my severe disdain for running.
Well fast forward several years to last July 2012. I started checking out fitness pins on Pinterest (yes, I'm obsessed) and found a Couch to 5K running plan. I know I will not run a half marathon. That is just way too much running for me. However I can handle a 5K. I think.
I told Dan about my discovery, and he liked the sound of it. So we are now training together to run a 5K. I'm very excited to run with him. This will be a fun, I hope, thing to do as a couple. We've just started the plan so it is very easy for him at this point. I am about to DIE after two minutes of running. That's OK though. I have a goal and I'm going to stick it. (I think I can. I think I can)
I have two 5K runs picked out for us. The first one is in late September in Dallas. It is an Oktoberfest run at White Rock Lake. This one seems right up our alley. They'll serve beer once the race is over. How can we pass that one up?!?!?! The second race is here is Oklahoma. It's called the Mud Run. It is an obstacle course and 5K. It looks awesome! Messy yes, but who cares. That's what a shower is for. Dan's pumped about that one. It is in late October so I hope it isn't too chilly. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Keep us both in your prayers as we tackle this new challenge. If you hear of a woman who just sat down on a sidewalk in North OKC and refused to get up, well it is probably me. I most likely decided to forget running and go get a banana split. So much for healthy! :-) (My love of banana splits is another discussion)
No comments:
Post a Comment