Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Look Back At Our Summer: Part 1

As I start this post, it is 65° outside, and I have the windows open in the house.  It's chilly and I love it.  I am so happy to have this break from the crazy heat we've had over the last 3 months.  I'm not ready for winter, but I am looking forward to fall weather.  

We have had a lot going on this summer and I meant to post about different activities.  It obviously didn't happen so I think I'll just do a review of summer in multiple parts. 

Part 1! 

The official kickoff to summer always starts with Memorial Weekend.  We met my friend Ashley and her family in a small town called Mulhall.  This is where her Dad grew up, and the town has a big festival called "Mulhall Days" that everyone attends.  We had a lot of fun.  Well, we had a shaky start, then it got to be a lot of fun.  Madison had been battling a lot of congestion and just as we got on the road, she was nibbling on apples.  Combine that with drainage and we had a throwing up incident to start the road trip.  Thankfully we had her daycare backpack with us which is always stocked with two changes of clothes.  Dan and I performed a quick clean-up/wardrobe change and off we went!


The town has two beautiful schuptures of longhorn cattle. 
Madison had fun taking pictures on them although this one was a bit tough to sit on.

My in-laws, sister-in-law and nephew came over to hang out with us and do a little grilling.  I bought a slip and slide for Madison and our nephew Davyn to play on.  They had a blast running more than sliding down the mat and then jumping into the puddle of water at the end.  We had a great time and the food was tasty!


Our sweet nephew and Madison.  They have been 'best buds' since she could
walk well enough to keep up with him.  Just too cute!

We were so spoilied in Lewisville because there were 3 very nice parks within blocks of our home.  We do have a tiny play area in our neighborhood (more to come hopefully), so we have enjoyed searching for the best park in Oklahoma City and Edmond.  There is one smaller park on the north side of Lake Hefner that is really nice.  It is new and very shaded so that is nice when the sun is blazing at 10 am.  Madison and I made a break for the park when Dan started mowing the lawn.  The we closed out the afternoon with our first visit to the neighborhood pool.  Let's just say this was the first visit of many during the summer.  It's a great place for the kiddos and we took full advantage of it.


Notice the odd things sticking to her legs and arms.  My daughter has an absolute fondness for stickers.  These were stickers off of pool noodles and a boogie board I purchased that morning at Wal-Mart.  She felt they would be more fun on her than the noodles.   


My cutie pie!


Sweet heaven for me.  Madison woke up early from her nap and wanted to snuggle with Momma. 
I didn't mind at all.



Pool fun.  Looks like a rough life for her doesn't it?
 Later in June, Bank of Oklahoma held a Family Picnic Day at Orr Family Farm in South Oklahoma City.  I had read about this place but I had never been there.  Madison was in heaven.  She got to ride a merry-g-round, feed animials, ride a pony and a train, and jump on a huge 'pillow.'  It was a blast.  We didn't want to leave but nap-time was calling. 
I can't wait to go back this fall for their holiday activities.  They have a lot of events till Christmas.  What a fun place. 

We had our neice and nephew out for a sleep over and had a great time.  While Davyn and Madison played together, Sierra and I painted our toes and cought up on reality shows that we both like.  We loved having them out and I can't wait to have them visit again.
Madison and Davyn made a fort in the living room.  Unfortnatly, it didn't hold up well.  I walked in to find them huddled in the fort, playing her MobiGo.  Just too cute!

Our sweet niece.
Just a few more pictures to finish this post. 

If there is a bounce house near, she will find it.  This kid never stops jumping.

She got bath bubbles for her birthday.  They are a hit!


We took advantage of the windy day to fly her kite.



No comments:

Post a Comment