Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It Has Been Awhile

I have been meaning to post something for a long time, but I simply kept getting side-tracked.  When I thought about what I should post, I decided to put up a few pictures and comments from 2013.

From Christmas thru New Year's Day, it was so cold in Oklahoma City.  The holiday week began with blizzard warnings in the state on Christmas Day.  The cold continued into the new year where the highs (if you want to call them that) were in the low 30's.  By New Year's Day, all three of us were battling a serious case of cabin fever.  I did a little research and we took Madison to GattiTown.  It was half-price Tuesday and they opened at 10.  We were there by 10:15.  We left and practically dragged Madison out of there at 1.  She was so tired but was having a blast. It was a lot of fun for all three of us and a great reprieve from being stick in the house.
GattiTown had a kids bowling  alley that was a big hit with Madison.  


The toddler area was perfect for her.  It had a lot of things she could ride.
The biggest hit were the go carts.  You can see the track behind her in this pic.
Dan drove Madison and they raced me.  She had a blast passing Mommy.


Late January/early February brought a beautiful weekend.  We took advantage and took Madison to the park.
Cheese girl on the slide.

Happy to enjoy the beautiful day.

I think the slightly warmer weather was a way to get us ready for snow in OKC. THREE WEEKS IN A ROW!  How does that happen?  The third week had everyone ready for another round of blizzard like conditions.  Thankfully that didn't happen here.  It was too warm (36 degrees!) for the cold stuff to wreck havoc.  The good thing from all of the snow was that the roads stayed pretty good and there was enough snow for the kiddos to play in.  Madison has seen snow (not that she will remember it) every year of her life. This is the first year that she was excited to play in it.  We had a great time making a snow man and throwing snow balls.
Our teeny snowman.  The next day I could watch it melt outside my office window.
I called Dan to announce the head fell off. 

Cuite pie.

Once the February and the snow moved on, we were ready to bring on Spring.  March brought the flu instead.  Madison and I decided to trade illnesses.  She had pink eye first.  On a side note, I think pink eye is a pain in the behind.  Keeping a kid home when they feel great, but they can't play with their pals is just torture.  I know that it is very contagious and it is important to protect everyone else, I'm just saying that entertaining a kid that can't go play outside when it is warming up is just a beating challenge.

After we got Madison's pink eye issues cleared up, it was my turn.  I had the flu.  I started feeling bad at Madison's gymnastics class but thought it was just the metal chairs causing my body to ache.  Friday I didn't feel good but managed to get through work.  Saturday I had a mani/pedi appointment and really tried to go.  I made it through a shower.  10 minutes after the shower I was in bed and that is where you would find me the rest of the weekend.  I felt awful.  I hurt.  I didn't even care to watch TV in bed.  I just laid there.  UGH!
That weekend was Sesame Street Live in OKC.  I couldn't go.  We were able to grab our nephew Davyn and he was happy to tag along with Dan and Madison.  The kiddos had fun together.  Dan survived on his own.  He was played for cotton candy and souvenir toys for both.  (I love it!)
Fun with Sesame Street.
After I got better, I flew to San Antonio for work.  While there, Dan called to say that he had just talked to daycare.  Madison was running a fever.  Uh oh!  Yep.  The next day we took her to the doctor and they confirmed she had the flu.  THANKS MOM!  To round out the fun.  I had a crazy allergic reaction to something in San Antonio.  By the time I got home and we took Madison to the doctor, I had a massive eye infection.  The next morning, and another doctor's appointment, confirmed pink eye for me.  Thankfully, Dan managed to stay healthy.  No flu or pink eye for him.

Easter weekend was a great one for our family.  We went to church on Saturday evening.  What a great service it was. Very moving.  After church Dan, Madison and I had dinner together.  I was so happy when she let me take pics of her in her Easter dress.  She is not a fan of getting her picture taken. We had a great weekend with family at our house.  I could not have asked for a better weekend.
Love this kid!

Serious work going on.



Happy Spring Everyone!  
LeAnn





No comments:

Post a Comment