Friday, June 8, 2012

I'm a big kid now!

Madison's birthday was June 4th.  We had planned for months to buy her a twin bed for her 3rd birthday.  She was getting big enough in her toddler bed that she seemed to be hitting the sides more and just seemed more uncomfortable in it.  So a couple of weeks before her birthday, Mom, Madison and I went to a place called Kid's Zone to look at their beds.  They had a great selection, but I knew the exact one I wanted to purchase.  I had been scoping out their web site for a few weeks.

I will admit I have been planning this bedroom look for several months.  I get into the planning and searching part of decorating.  There is nothing better than finding that perfect accent for a project.  If I find it on sale, well even better! 

Madison loves her room.  She loves to point out the new things in it.  For the first few days, she would say "Look at my new room!"  We were so happy she loves the bed.  She has even started sleeping in it through the night without getting out of bed looking for us.  I hope that continues.  :-)

Here are a few pics of her room.  We had planned on painting the walls a pale, pale pink but the bed arrived much faster than we expected.  So tan walls for now.  We kind of like it so we may just leave them tan.  We will see.

Looking into her room.  Her bed has a trundle under her mattress
and even 3 small drawers for extra storage.

Fun stuff over her bed.  I had a great time making that M.  Burned my
fingers a few times with the hot glue gun.  Ouch!

Her chest.  She loves showing us what is in each drawer.
I found the drawer pulls on ebay and got Dan to install them.
They were painted to match the quilt we bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment